Sustainable development is a genuine social issue. In Cannes, the week dedicated to it from Tuesday April 1st to Monday, April 7, 2014, mobilizes participants around the eco-friendly consumption.
As part of the National Sustainable Development Week from 1 to 7 April 2014, the City of Cannes offers for the second consecutive year an afternoon and an evening dedicated to eco-consumption called “Fête le vous-même”, modern version of our grandmother’s recipes and tips.
A friendly and playful event which aims to encourage citizens to become actively involved in its future while preserving its purchasing power. The event will be held Saturday, April 5 from 16h to 22h at Forville market, iconic of Provencal markets.
During the week, many animations and workshops are designed to educate and inform children and adults of the positive results the eco-citizen actions have on our environment. The many activities and events will inform and teach the gestures that protect and sustainably preserve our planet earth. Different theme such as “Fighting against food waste” or “Promoting local and seasonal consumption” will be offered to visitors who wish to learn while having fun .
At the menu: exchanges (troc’plantes), advices ( troc’astuces ), entertainment ( games library, reading room, café debate, concert… ) and workshops (Trocante) to learn to do everything by yourself.
The entertainment program of the Sustainable Development Week:
– guided tours of the municipal greenhouses and facilities of the lower valley of Siagne . (Registration: 04 93 90 24 48)
– show by P’tits Cannes à You « Les contes dits- du-bout-des-doigts » by the Compagnons de Pierre Ménard (show reserved for scholars).
– visit of Hotel Gray d’ Albion and presentation of environmental actions by the hotel (1 hour – Registration: 04 89 82 20 21).
– on April 2, screening of the cartoon “Tante Hilda” by Jacques-Rémy Girerd and Benoït Chieux and on April 7, the film “Il était une forêt” by Luc Jacquet – Salle Raimu.
– on Saturday, April 5 and Sunday, April 6, 10 am – 6 pm : Flore Passion, the appointment of all garden lovers. Square de Verdun, pointe Croisette.
Please share with your friends - Sharing is caringTweet