The program of Agecotel 2014, organized by Nicexpo, manager of the International Fair of Nice and many other shows, was unveiled on October 8, 2013 during a press conference in the salons of the Metropole Hotel in Monaco by Paul Obadia, Nicexpo and Agecotel CEO, with this year’s guest of honor, the most starred chef in the world Joel Robuchon.
From February 2 to 5, 2014, Agecotel is the fair of hotel industry where many exhibitors in different Hotel and culinary fields will showcase products and services following the latest trends and innovations in hotel and restaurant equipment. A fair on a human scale, Agecotel will promote meetings between professionals and will thus allow future partnerships to develop. This 26th edition is resolutely open on the Mediterranean: the Mediterranean heat and dynamism will be at the heart of this event and will be found in the dishes concocted by the chefs. Seafood, local terroir produce and authentic products are the hallmarks of this show.
Since 2008, under the chairmanship of respective Marc Veyrat, Joel Robuchon in 2010 and the Pourcel brothers in 2012, Agecotel continues to increase its renown in the field of the hotel and restaurant. In 2012, Agecotel welcomed 14,305 visitors in just 4 days!
This year, it is Joel Robuchon, the most Michelin-starred chef in the world to be the honorary president of Agecotel. Elected first chef of the 20th century and with 28 stars to his credit, Joel Robuchon will host many chefs of Agecotel show, including Michael Roth (Bocuse d’Or, Prix Michel Escoffier), Yves Thuriès, member of the Académie Culinaire of France, elected two times Meilleur Ouvrier de France as pastry and chocolate, candy and ice cream chef.
Jean-Denis Rieubland, Meilleur Ouvrier de France in 2007, Chef of La Rotonde and Le Chantecler at Hotel Le Negresco in Nice, will reoccupy the Espace Chefs to honor all chefs from the region and France and to promote their common passion.
Michel Roth, chef of L’Espadon at the Ritz Hotel in Paris, will be the president of the competitions, Marcel Lesoille will manage the Ecaillers World Cup, Marc Veyrat will sponsor this year’s two culinary competitions: “La Perle d’Or” and “Le Neptune d’Or”, two events that will be broadcast live on www.niceteleweb.com
Carinne Teyssandier, famous culinary TV journalist and writer, will animate the fair, and with her good humor and smile, Carinne will contribute to the conviviality of the show. New: the Euro-Toques association that defends the culinary heritage in its origins and typicality, will hold its annual conference at Agecotel.
Agecotel 2014 is also organizing prestigious competitions such as:
– The Ecaillers World Cup – Sunday, February 2. This second edition of the World Cup, chaired by Michel Roth, will open the fair.
– The Neptune d’Or – Monday, February 3. Under the patronage of Joël Robuchon and chaired by Michel Roth, this contest aims to highlight the sea and its products.
– La Main d’Or au Féminin – Tuesday, February 4. Two events dedicated to women Cheffes and students of schools; the competitions will be chaired by Babette Rozieres, famous chef and TV host. They aim to enhance women, sea and organic products.
– Les Délices de la Méditerranée – Wednesday, February 5. This competition, chaired by Yves Thuriès, is dedicated to professionals pastry chefs and aims at showcasing fruit around the Mediterranean. This year’s theme will be the “Clementine and Chocolate”.
– The Risottomania – Tuesday 3 and Wednesday, February 5 (students ). Chaired by Stéphane Raimbault, in partnership with Theo Mansi for Italy, the competition was created by Michelle and Gerard Bernar (E-mail Gourmand). It will oppose 4 Italian chefs to 4 French chefs and aims at preparing the most creative risotto.
– The Concours Trocelier – Wednesday, February 5 (students). Innovative cuisine.
Agecotel still seeking national and international candidates to participate in this prestigious competition whose rules are available on its website.
The 26th Agecotel show will surely bring together all the ingredients to make a recipe worthy of the best starred chefs.
Agecotel, from February 2 to 5, 2014 – 10:00 a.m to 7:00 p.m. at the Palais des Expositions in Nice.