After works of addition of sand from Roy quarries on the Trot on track and improvement of the brightness of the race track, the Hippodrome Côte d’Azur at Cagnes-sur-Mer launched on July 5 the summer season during which race meetings, themed evenings and events will relentlessly follow one another in an idyllic setting between sea and mount until August 24.
The summer season at Hippodrome Côte d’Azur will comprise 19 race meetings including 9 days with national issues. 126 races will be contested at these 19 meetings that will see more than € 3,436 million distributed in grants, making the meeting of Cagnes-sur-Mer, one of the most richly endowed in France.
6 partners evenings are planned during the meeting:
– Friday, July 5: Gourmet Evening with the city of Villeneuve-Loubet.
– Friday, July 12: Cities and Art Crafts Evening with Biot, Le Cannet, Mougins, Vallauris and Cagnes-sur-Mer.
– Saturday, July 20: Nice-Matin Evening.
– Friday, July 26: The Thousand and One Nights Evening with the City of Cagnes-sur-Mer. July 26 will be exceptional, thanks to all the festivities of the City of Cagnes-sur-Mer but also with the organization through the Equine Mediterranean Union of two Purebred Arabian races at international level with the participation of Algerians, Italians, Libyans, Moroccans, Tunisians and French horses.
– Wednesday, July 31: White Evening with the City of Grasse.
– Friday, August 16: Fifties-Sixties Evening with the City of Saint-Laurent-du-Var.
On August 23, the Friendship Palio Evening in partnership with Nice-Matin that will be on the theme of friendship and for the first time at Hippodrome Côte d’Azur a “Palio” will be held. In collaboration with the cities of Montegiorgio and Fermo, the partners of the Racing Côte d’Azur League will support a horse during a race in the evening. The different drivers will carry the silks of each partner involved.
Among the races, some great prizes will be followed in particular:
– July 26: Grand Prize of the City of Cagnes-sur-Mer (Course A).
– August 5: Prize of the City of Cannes (Course A).
– August 17: Grand Prize of the City of Nice (Course A).
The Hippodrome Côte d’Azur Summer Meeting will close on August 24 with the Grand Prix of the General Council of the Alpes-Maritimes, support of the third stage of High Speed Trot. The first stage was being held on Argentan racecourse on April 27 and the second stage on Sunday, July 7 at La Capelle. Each event takes place on the Mile (1609 m). Horses in less than 1’10” will get an added bonus.
On every night of race at Hippodrome Côte d’Azur, entertainment for children will be offered: pony rides, merry-go-round, sulky bicycle and giant wooden games.